We hear about the days when Charles was drilling for oil. Also, waffles: "I suffered years of floppy-waffles." We also discuss the deal with kombucha, to no effect, really.
And, as always, Charles' emacs configuration tip of the week.
- The Wheel of Time series
- Show Topics
- Planet Money buys oil
- There Will be Blood
- Big Oil profit margins — Something like 6-7%
- Avocado Oil
- Whale oil — "nearly 236,000 whales were killed in the 19th century"
- The 4-Hour Body
- Coté's Belgian waffle iron — Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel
- The Wirecutter
- Arlo cameras
- The Sweethome
- Charles' emacs configuration tip of the week — crux.el
- Austin Emacs Meetup
- Charles on the Emacs.el Podcast
- Coté on The Frontside podcast