Javvad Malik on security & being an industry analyst
Episode 67 · March 18th, 2018 · 1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
Security, security, security! Everyone wants security, at least they say so. How it’s actually managed and even conceptualized in organizations is a lot more than just patching software and using CAPTCHA’s. In this discussion, Coté talks with Javvad Malik who’s been in the security business for countless years. In addition to talking about how security is done well and poorly, they discuss controversies in the space and establishing a good baseline for securing organizations. Also, there’s talk of being an industry analyst, British patriotism (or lack thereof?) and webinars, among many other topics.
Relevant to your interests
- Russel Crowe is actually a Kiwi, apologies.
- AlienVault - unified security for threat detection, incident response, and compliance.
- Javvad in Twitter: @j4vv4d.
- Javvad over at AlienVault.
- Javvad’s fantastically funny and informative YouTube videos.
- J4vv4ad.com - all Javvad, all the time.
- Javvad’s 451 work.