When the practice of using the tool is novel, thought-lording new technologies
Episode 5 · April 27th, 2015 · 1 hr 18 mins
About this Episode
We discuss how you (slowly) introduce new technologies into the market by looking at past tech cycles John has gone through. We also catch-up on the Craft conference and John’s travels in Europe.
Show-notes and Links
- The Bruce Sterling Web 2.0 European Conference Circuit
- Craft conference Prezi
- Consul, Teraform, etc.
- How do you install the thing, how do you fix the thing?
- DevOps Weekly email list.
- The 5 why's of cloud
- Damon and those guys.
- Simon Wardly's evolution of practice
- "The practice of using the tool is novel."
- When the wave finally broke
- Defined vs. constrained by the tools you use.
- Learning to See
- How does this compare to the rise of VMware?
- Don't be constrained by billing.
- How are you measured?
- Bruge, beer museum, churches, chocolate and beer
Libsyn downloads as of 20160912: 337.